I saw Paula Dean make these years ago on the Food Network. I’m not sure the exact recipe anymore I just make the concept of them now. Everyone in my house loves chocolate. We all love dessert but chocolate gets more appreciation. These brownies are more like a Symphony bar sandwich. Have you had a Symphony? The are milk chocolate with toffee and almonds. This recipe takes your favorite brownie recipe then puts a Symphony bar in the middle. CRAZY good.
For Valentine’s Day I like to keep the dessert simple but dressed up. So with these I did a couple things. First I pulled out my heart shaped cookie cutters and had fun. I cut out large rectangles and cut out the center with the cookie cutter. Inside the cutout I put chopped strawberries (the berry of choice with my kids) but you could do raspberries as well. The hearts that were cut out I sprinkled with powdered sugar. I also cut out a paper heart and laid it on a brownie rectangle and sprinkled the powdered sugar over it. I then lifted the paper heart and had the shape of the heart left below. My kids loved the different shapes and had a great time eating all the brownies and berries. My husband was in heaven with the Symphony bar in the center. Give them a shot and let us know what you think. Be careful though a pan goes fast.
- 2 boxes of brownie mix (enough for 2 13″ x 9″ pans)
- 3 XL Symphony Bars (or your favorite flat chocolate bar)
- Ingredients needed for brownie mixture
- powdered sugar, optional
- strawberries, optional
- Preheat oven according to brownie box
- Mix first box of brownie batter according to directions on box
- pour into greased 13 x 9 baking pan
- lay out three Symphony bars or other bar on top of batter so they cover most of the pan
- mix second box of brownie and pour on top of bars, making sure to spread evenly
- bake in oven according to box
- top with your favorite topping, strawberries, powdered sugar or both