Sooooo, I may still be unpacking. This past weekend Casey and I were out in the garage and went up into the cut out in the ceiling. When the inspector was here during escrow Casey had asked if there was a big attic and the inspector let us know it was OK so we weren’t in a hurry to look up there. My curiosity got the best of me this weekend though and we went up. O. M. G. It was HUGE!!! I should let you know that back in AZ we had a little space above the garage only and it wasn’t very tall. Casey compared getting in our AZ attic to that scene in Entrapment when Catherine Zeta-Jones is inching and twisting through the lasers. He’s 6’5″ and couldn’t stand up while he tried to put away ALL the Christmas decorations. Now, there’s so much room in our new attic that Casey even joked about putting a room up there.
Going through all the Christmas decorations got me thinking and planning for the holidays. I can’t believe they’re almost here! (or here if you walk into Costco) I’m loving finding new places for my Halloween decorations here in the new house and thinking about where all the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations will go. It may be over a month away but I’m already planning my Thanksgiving menu. :) I love a nice easy breakfast for Thanksgiving and Christmas morning.
This quiche is awesome and perfect for a quick holiday breakfast that your family will think took you all morning. I use mushrooms and sausage in my stuffing for my turkey so the day before I will saute them and then put my stuffing together in the morning just before getting my turkey in the oven. While I’m cooking my sausage and mushrooms for the stuffing I cook some for this quiche and then just pull it out and the rest of my ingredients so I can just pop it in the oven! It’s so tasty and your family will think you’re a rock star in the kitchen!
- ½ lb breakfast sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 unbaked 9″ pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 c milk
- ½ c Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- heat large pan over med high heat
- cook breakfast sausage, breaking up into crumbles as it cooks
- once completely cooked, remove to a plate
- in the same pan add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender
- layout the pie crust into a 9″ pie plate and trim the edges that hang over
- spread out the sausage in the bottom of the pie crust
- spread the mushrooms on top of that
- next the green onions and swiss chees
- in a small bowl beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together
- pour over the ingredients in the pie crust
- bake in over for 30 min or until the center is set