Farmer’s Casserole is an excellent way to start your day! It combines great ingredients in each bite and is a delicious breakfast! My mom brought this recipe with her while they were visiting for Thanksgiving and we made this on their last morning here. Everyone loved it! Potatoes, eggs, cheese, ham, and onions create an amazing meal and I will be making it again for Christmas Day. It can be prepared More »
I am loving eating yummy pumpkin foods in the fall and Pumpkin French Toast Bake is a new love in my family! We all ate two servings for breakfast and loved every bite!!!
My son had four baseball games this weekend and we were on the road for four hours, so most of our meals were eaten out or at the field. My son’s team won the Arizona State Championship! It was AMAZING and my boy played AWESOME! It was such an incredible weekend for the team, coaches, and families, and I am so proud of my son and the team! After such a long weekend, More »
I love Christmas morning!!! I love when my little monkeys wake me up and can’t wait to see what is under the tree. I love sitting around in our pajamas with the entire family drinking coffee and egg nog and relaxing together. We’re pretty lucky that so far the entire family has been able to make it. I mean all my brothers and their families, my mom and dad, Casey’s mom and as often as possible my sister-in-law. What I don’t love is not eating breakfast or having to miss out on all the family time to make breakfast. Sooooo, we do make ahead breakfasts. You can do them the night before, pop them in the oven and then enjoy with the rest of the family! This year I will be having this Baked French Toast, with the Egg & Sausage Casserole and Stacey’s Grandma’s Potatoes! YUMMY!!!!
I found the original recipe years ago here. The original calls for peaches but I use frozen strawberries. You can substitute whatever fruit your family loves, berries might be nice.
- Cooking spray
- 1 large french bread torn or cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 c milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 5 c sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 6 T brown sugar
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray
- arrange the bread in a single layer in the baking pan
- whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, vanilla and pour over bread
- in medium bowl, toss fruit with half of the brown sugar mixture
- arrange the fruit on top of the bread mixture in an even layer
- sprinkle the remaining brown sugar over everything
- cover and let sit in the fridge overnight
- remove from the fridge and remove cover
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- bake for 45 minutes and enjoy!