Today we’re kicking off our 12 days of sweets here on Real Housemoms! We are so excited to bring you all some of the yummy desserts we’re making for our this year. To start we got in on a HUGE cookie swap. We linked up with The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. It was so much fun!!! Over 500 food bloggers participated and we were matched with 3 other bloggers and mailed each a dozen cookies. Then, we got a dozen cookies from three different bloggers. It was so much fun getting the mail for a few days!!!
I got cookies from Bonnibella, Melissas Cuisine and Wiki Kitchen! It is so great to have home baked cookies delivered right to my house and to “meet” some pretty awesome bloggers. Once you’ve checked out the post hop over and check out these blogs. You’ll love it.
These Pistachio Cranberry Oatmeal cookies are super yummy. I first combined the pistachios and craisins because I liked the Christmas colors, red and green but once i tasted them I was so happy. They are crazy yummy!!! To dress them up I dip the bottom in white chocolate. These are good without it but they are insane with it. I usually make some with and without the chocolate when I make them. Try them this year and let us know what you think. Are you doing any cookie exchanges this year?
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1¼ c. packed brown sugar
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ c. flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1-2 c. pistachios, chopped
- 1-2 c. craisins
- 3 c. old fashioned oats
- 1 bag of white chocolate melted
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- beat the butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy
- add eggs one at a time
- in small bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- slowly add into wet ingredients
- stir in oats, pistachios and craisins
- form into 2 tablespoon balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet
- bake for 12-14 min
- cool on a rack
- once cool spread melted white chocolate on the bottom and set down upside down to cool.