I needed to go into the grocery store the other day for two things, but as it often goes, two things turn into about twenty. I had my kids with me this time and they know that the basket, and sometimes unplanned cart, will end up quite full, no matter what I need to buy. When I do take my kids, they always want to buy a few special treats or yummy snacks. Even when I go by myself, I tend to grab extra items off the shelves or think of something else as I stroll down the aisles. You know it happens to you too!!! Anyways, my kids were being really well behaved as chips and salsa, hot wing sauce, and peanut butter and jelly happened to fall into my basket. As we were finally heading to the check out line, their eyes spotted Birthday Cake Oreos. They HAD to have them!!! More »
Stacey and I are getting together tonight for a Happy Hour. It’s so much fun to get together with friends and unwind at the end of the week. The kids have a great time and we get to snack on new food that we’re trying out. Tonight I’m bringing this drink and a cheesy bread that I’ll share More »
Growing up my Mom used to make these Bacon Chicken Pinwheels for us! They’re so yummy but of course I’d love it, right? I mean bacon. BACON! If you’ve read our blog in the past you know we LOVE bacon. When you roll it in chicken it makes it healthy, right? Just kidding but seriously great.
I realized today that I’ve never made it for my kids or husband before and I don’t think my Mom has ever made it for them either. So, a little about my oldest son Hayden. He looks like a little mini me version of my husband except that he got my blonde hair instead of my husband’s red. Other than that, he is my husband, even in his personality. He did, however, inherit my
addiction love of chocolate and bacon. He would eat as much as he could if you left him alone. He also loves when I make chicken for dinner, so now you can see why I was in shock when I realized I have never made this for him.
He was so happy that I got an even bigger kiss and hug after dinner. I’m a sucker for a kiss and hug from my kids.
Give this recipe a try. It’s only 5 ingredients and pulls together so fast but looks and tastes like a special occasion dinner. Let us know if you end up with extra big kisses and hugs after you serve it.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 slices of thick pepper bacon
- 2 T of olive oil
- 2 t dried thyme
- 1 t garlic powder
- toothpicks soaked in water
- slice your chicken breast into 1 inch thick slices
- slightly cook your bacon. (not to a crisp just to a little color)
- divide your chicken strips into four equal amounts
- lay a strip of bacon on top of a chicken slice and roll up with the bacon on the inside. You will probably use 2-3 strips of chicken and 2 slices of bacon
- use your toothpicks to hold together
- drizzle the olive oil over the tops and bottom and sprinkle with thyme and garlic powder
- grill over med heat until chicken is completely cooked, usually 5 minutes on each side. (this depends on each grill so be sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving.
Yep, I have another outstanding recipe with bacon and jalapenos! The combination of flavors is so incredible and I enjoy trying new recipes with these ingredients. The weather is beautiful and it is time for a lot of fun times outside with family and friends! I had a Cinco de Mayo party at my house and there was a huge buffet of amazing appetizers. One of the appetizers I made was a Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball and it was really delicious! More »
I LOVE fries, all kinds of fries. I love that there is so much you can do with a french fry. You can get them well done, sprinkled with salt, pepper and sugar, dipped in garlic mayo, or animal style (if you have an In ‘n Out near you). I love sweet potatoes and the fact that you have the option of the sweet and savory with these fries.
This recipe doesn’t have to be a fry. They are oven baked so you could chose to cut them into cubes versus a stick (which happens all the time in my house) but there are times when you are having burgers and a fry just sounds right.
These are great because you get the sweet potato and rosemary flavor combo that is killer. It reminds me of a fry version of my Mom’s Liz’s Candied Carrots I posted before Easter. Soooo good. Give them a shot, you’ll be making them all summer!
- 4 med sweet potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 T fresh rosemary
- 1-2 T honey
- preheat oven and baking sheet to 425 degrees
- peel sweet potatoes and slice into thin fries
- add potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a large bowl and toss to coat all the potatoes
- once preheated spray baking sheet with cooking spray and add potatoes in an even layer
- cook for 10 min and flip with spatula
- cook another 5 min and start to check
- **total cook time will depend on how thin your fries are. they will be starting to brown and soft, I check every 2-5 min until done
- once they are done cooking remove from oven and drizzle honey over top and sprinkle with rosemary
- serve and enjoy!